DEPARTMENT: Customer Facings
SUPERVISOR: Customer Facing Director
AHS, LLC is one of the leading full-service material handling integrators in the country. We focus on exceeding customers’ expectations through our innovation and automation. We are hiring a talented Sales Engineer professional to join our team. This position will involve working with customers to understand current and future needs, working with our solutions team, and recommending/selling the right solution to the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and embrace the AHS vision, mission, and values.
- Present a professional image to customers and vendors.
- Develop senior level executive relationships to close multi-million-dollar sales.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Educate clients about terminology, features and benefits of traditional technology versus innovative and automated solutions in order to improve product related sales.
- Understand client needs and identify the critical elements of the business case for all projects.
- Translates and presents the strategy of the business case into terms that the engineering departments can utilize with rates, data, physical limits, ROI information, etc.
- Expand AHS’ core verticals in e-commerce, wholesale, retail in addition to new verticals such as pharmaceuticals and/or medical supply and food/beverage.
- Ability to communicate, schedule appointments, and develop relationships with executive level contacts and facility managers by continually focusing on account penetration.
- Responsible for business to business sales that may have an average sale cycle of 6-12 months.
- Develop action plans to handle leads, qualify opportunities and close business.
- Responsible for providing timely updates using Salesforce related to project activity. Provides sales forecasts and other related information regarding client potential and quota development.
- Accurately process client transactions such as orders or quotes.
- Plan detailed presentations that show clients your product info, pricing, and benefits.
- Ensure continual client satisfaction by identifying and resolving client concerns in a timely manner.
- Remain current on client preferences and new technologies as well as business strategies by attending sales meetings, vendor training, trade shows and continuous education.
- Work effectively and communicate with other service groups to achieve sales quotas and client satisfaction by determining and qualifying opportunities that are mutually beneficial.
- Conduct internal turnover meetings and utilize the tools provided for efficient communication.
- Maintain database of information regarding clients using Salesforce CRM.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate’s degree in business related functions or engineering is preferred.
- 2+ years of material handling industry and/or related business to business sales experience is preferred.
- Team player mentality and ability to excel in a team selling environment.
- Demonstrate a high degree of communication and organizational skills to include the ability to apply logic and constructive thinking to solve problems.
- Previous experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales.
- Well-developed verbal and interpersonal skills required to maintain favorable customer relations.
- Ability to learn mobile robotics, goods to person systems and/or person to goods automation.
- Knowledgeable around execution software (WMS, WES, WCS), sortation, conveyance and automation systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients, face-to-face and effective phone skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques.
- Ability to work without direct supervision with a high degree of responsibility.
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, CRM, PowerPoint) and AutoCad.
- Excellent problem solving, judgment making, analytical, customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and comfortable in a fast pace environment.
- Manages time effectively and adapts to quickly changing priorities.
- Always presents a professional image to customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Travel to client locations at least 60% of the work week for face-to-face meetings and prospecting.
- Some weekend/night work required as needed.
- Travel and overnight stays.
- Standing/walking for long periods of time.
- Occasional climbing on steps, scaffolding and/or mezzanines.
- Sitting in and/or driving a vehicle for a long period of time.
- Working with computers for a long period of time.
- Working in office, warehouse, and manufacturing facilities.
- Possible exposure to noise levels exceeding recommended DBA levels.
***Job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. ***