Innovation Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
SUPERVISOR: Manager – Customer Service
The Innovation Maintenance Technician (IMT) maximizes customer satisfaction by performing field service operations, which are responsive to customer needs. The IMT will be responsible for all aspects of remote technical troubleshooting, technical service trips, and providing a high-quality on-site presence to assist in resolution of all mechanical and/or electrical issues. When not onsite, the IMT will help develop and innovate through research and develop in the innovation’s lab. In addition, the IMT will provide timely, high quality service operations and a maintain a professional image.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support and embrace the AHS vision, mission, and values.
• Present a professional image to customers and vendors.
• Perform system troubleshooting and resolution for innovative systems (AMR, G2P, P2G, etc).
• Provide mechanical, electrical and/or programming troubleshooting.
• Perform planned maintenance procedures systems as scheduled.
• Provide a small scope mechanical installation depending upon the application.
• Participate in installation supervision, system controls and or system programming procedures.
• Maintain a neat and orderly shop and AHS vehicle utilizing 6S methodology.
• Be aware of and practice all rules regarding personal and job site safety.
• Be a part of the development team testing and in R&D for innovative solutions
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• 3+ years of mechanical, electrical and/or programming experience with automation preferred. Robotics experience is a plus. Educational training can be included in this experience as well.
• Demonstrate a high degree of communication and organizational skills to include the ability to apply logic and constructive thinking to solve problems.
• Aptitude and ability to analyze and interpret all mechanical, electrical and/or programming information in service manuals.
• Ability to effectively use hand and power tools.
• Proficient knowledge of AMR, G2P, P2G or other automation is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in settings where certain conditions require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection. Temperature of the work environment may be affected by outside temperatures and machining at customer facilities. Duties may require occasional exposure to various hazardous materials such as, but not limited to grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc.
• Travel up to 50% or as needed.
• Willingness to work any shift (as needed) and overtime as required to meet customer deadlines. Some weekend/night work required as needed.
• Working in office, warehouse, and manufacturing facilities.
• Working in a stationary position for an extended period.
• Moving or traversing for an extended period.
• Occasional ascending and descending scaffolding and/or mezzanines.
• Operating computers for an extended period.
• Possible exposure to noise levels exceeding recommended DBA levels.
• Occasional movement and positioning of objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
***Job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. ***