Senior Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Contract Implementations
SUPERVISOR: SVP, Customer Solutions
The Senior Project Manager has overall responsibility for projects from strategic planning and estimating through start-up/debug and training. The Senior Project Manager also has responsibility for leading, training, and mentoring Project and Site Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and embrace the AHS vision, mission, and values.
- Present a professional image to customers and vendors.
- Stay current on any training as required (i.e. AutoCAD, OEM Training, safety, etc.)
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Maintain the project plan and organize all contract work.
- Control project change management in accordance with established business processes.
- Issue and track purchase orders and work authorizations both internally and externally.
- Maintain a detailed project cost variance report.
- Coordinate permit applications and all inspections regarding permits.
- Complete subcontractor agreement forms for all subcontractors on every contract.
- Create and maintain project binders/documentation including the ability to develop and maintain detailed project schedules for engineering, installation and integration.
- Coordinate installations of all trades.
- Oversee daily activities of subcontractors during contract implementation.
- Ensure contractors follow AHS/industry standards for workmanship.
- Generate and maintain weekly status reports.
- Organize and conduct weekly status meetings.
- Act as the point person for client communications during implementation.
- Track invoice dates and proactively communicate changes/updates.
- Maintain reporting systems with up to date information (Salesforce, Sage, etc).
- Coordinate operator and safety training.
- Assist in sales calls and presentations as needed.
- Perform Site Manager duties as needed.
- Train and mentor other engineers/PM/Customer Facing/Interns/Site Management personnel
- Demonstrate highest level of professional skills and abilities
- Exceed expectations consistently regarding quality and accuracy
- Assist with development and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures and recordkeeping
- Assigned high profile, more complex projects that possess a higher degree of risk
- Assists in the creation of marketing literature for AHS including writing white papers, blogs, and other technical material
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, management, or equivalent is preferred.
- 10+ Years’ experience in Material Handling Industry or equivalent is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Conveyor, Racking, Storage Systems and Advancing Technologies (Robotics, Goods to Person Systems etc.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- OSHA-10 Certification is required.
- OSHA-30 Certification is preferred.
- Experience in planning, managing and executing basic, medium, and complex material handling projects is preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, judgment making, and organizational skills.
- Well-developed verbal / interpersonal skills with strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently and proven track record of implementing large scale projects to completion.
- Ability to communicate with internal team members and drive changes or decisions necessary for project execution.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to train and lead less-experienced project managers in the performance of their duties.
- Ability to train and lead site managers in the performance of their duties.
- Advanced understanding and adherence to change management business processes.
- Ability to develop, document, improve and reinforce internal business policies and processes.
- Proficiency in Autocad & Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance of systems preferred.
- Industry knowledge related to supply chain, logistics, material handling systems, and software such as WMS, WCS, ERP, etc. required.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude necessary.
- Ability to effectively use hand and power tools.
- Ability to work without direct supervision with a high degree of responsibility.
- Travel up to 50% or as needed.
- Some weekend/night work required as needed.
- Working in office, warehouse, and manufacturing facilities.
- Working in a stationary position for an extended period.
- Moving or traversing for an extended period.
- Occasional ascending and descending scaffolding and/or mezzanines.
- Operating computers for an extended period.
- Possible exposure to noise levels exceeding recommended DBA levels.
- Occasional movement and positioning of objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
***Job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. ***