SUPERVISOR: Solution Engineering Manager
The Solutions Project Engineer has responsibility for the engineering of projects from conceptual design, budgeting, hand-off to project engineering and up to implementation of contracts. A Solutions Project Engineer will work with clients, sales team, and applications engineering team to ensure client satisfaction at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and embrace the AHS vision, mission, and values.
- Present a professional image to customers and vendors.
- Visit job sites with an AHS customer facings salesperson during the proposal phase to ensure the proposed layouts fit into and around all obstructions within the existing and/or new facility.
- Fully understand the client’s expectations, existing processes and physical systems.
- Complete Block Plans, Flow Diagrams, Proposal Layout, and Project Plan schedules to illustrate the concept to be developed.
- Understand new and emerging technologies as well as non-traditional solutions and present benefits to the AHS teams.
- Schedule and follow milestone bid plan checkpoints to ensure concept development is aligned internally and with the customer.
- Assist sales by participating in concept presentation materials and customer meetings to present.
- Involve Industrial Engineering, Applications Engineering, Research & Development and Project Manager as a resource to validate concepts.
- Appropriately budget concepts and schedules.
- Assist and share work duties across other Engineering departments for cross training.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- 3+ Years’ Experience in the Material Handling Industry or equivalent is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Conveyor, Racking, Storage Systems and Advancing Technologies (Robotics, Goods to Person Systems etc.)
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude necessary.
- Ability to effectively use hand and power tools.
- Excellent problem solving, judgment making, and organizational skills.
- Well-developed verbal / interpersonal skills with strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) and AutoDesk Products (AutoCad, Inventor, Etc).
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance of systems preferred.
- Industry knowledge related to supply chain, logistics, material handling systems, and software such as WMS, WES, WCS, CCS, ERP, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to work without direct supervision with a high degree of responsibility.
- Travel up to 10% or as needed.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Some weekend/night work required as needed.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Occasional climbing on steps, scaffolding and/or mezzanines.
- Sitting in and/or driving a vehicle for a long period of time.
- Working with computers for a long period of time.
- Working in office, warehouse, and manufacturing facilities.
- Possible exposure to noise levels exceeding recommended DBA levels.
***Job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. ***