DEPARTMENT: Solutions Engineering
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Solutions
As part of the Solutions Team, the Business Analyst will work in coordination with Customer Facings (Sales), Solutions Engineers, and Customers on projects to assist in the development of high-quality design concepts with innovative and traditional material handling technologies. The Business Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, summarizing, presenting and documenting customer data and other assumptions used in concept development. This position will also be responsible for the creation of standard templates, utilizing Power BI or similar, to enhance the customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and embrace the AHS vision, mission, and values
- Present a professional image to customers and vendors
- Work closely with Customer Facings to understand the client’s needs and project scope
- Visit client’s sites, when needed, to review and understand existing processes and physical systems
- Identify data requirements and communicate with the customer to obtain the necessary data
- Perform high-level and/or in-depth data analysis of the information to support a data-driven approach to facility design
- Establish the design criteria and validate the assumptions and requirements with the customer
- Develop storage and processing concepts based on the design parameters and data analysis
- Assist in evaluation of available technologies ranging from basic material handling systems to highly sophisticated, highly automated systems and recommend solutions
- Determine labor requirements, cost savings opportunities, and expected system flow rates
- Develop a return on investment (ROI) analysis and justification for design
- Partner with Solutions Engineers to generate AutoCAD layouts of the proposed concept and budgetary capital costs
- Determine, update as needed, document, and communicate design criteria and assumptions
- As needed, create Concept Description of Operation and maintain
- Create a customer presentation of the analysis process, proposed concept, layout, budget and project justification
- Support Customer Facings in the presentation of the recommended solution to the customer
- Generate status reports at the agreed upon frequency and distribute to the project team
- Provide consultant level services to customers as requested
- Other job duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or related experience in Industrial Engineering or Business-related field
- Well-developed verbal / interpersonal skills with strong organizational, problem solving and time management
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- High level of responsibility and accountability
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong computer skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Word). Working knowledge R and Power BI
- Experience working in a distribution center is a plus
- Ability to learn vendor software
- Occasional lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Occasional climbing of scaffolding and/or mezzanines.
- Ability to travel up to 10% or as needed; willing to work extended hours to support proposal and contract activities
- Ability to sit in and/or drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Working with computers for a long period of time
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time
- Majority of days spent sitting in an office setting; temperature and atmospheric conditions fall within the normal range.
- Visits to client sites may require exposure to environments with temperature ranges of below 0°F to above 90° F
- Visits to client sites may result in exposure to noise levels exceeding recommended DBA levels
- Exposure to various office noises such as computer, copier, conversation, printer, and fax machine
- Exposure to industrial settings such as Manufacturing Plants, Distribution Centers, Warehouses including Coolers and Freezers
- Some overnight travel may be required
Job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.